Nikon D330 is the replacement to the popular D320. D3300 is a dominant DSLR with many features to enhance the photos quality. However, these features can destroy photos if you did not use them properly. Here are the lists of Nikon D3300 main controls and how to use them properly to capture better photos.
Updated on 5 December 2022
NIKON D3300 MAIN CONTROLS
- AUTO – The camera is responsible for all decisions
- PROGRAM – This mode can be used for overall shooting. The camera modifies the aperture and shutter speed.
- SHUTTER PRIORITY – Shutter speed can be set via Command Dial located at the rear side of the camera. The camera would be able to modify the aperture.
- APERTURE PRIORITY – Aperture can be set using the Command Dial located at rear side of the camera. The camera would be able to modify the shutter speed.
- MANUAL – Aperture and shutter speed can be set both. The camera will notify the photographer if exposure is turned off.
Nikon D3300 provides many shooting modes, effects, like Miniature and Super Vivid. The Easy Panorama Effect is the most useful effect that can be found in D3300. This effect automatically combines many images.
ISO NOISE REDUCTION AND LIGHT SENSITIVITY
Using the ISO setting, the user can easily control the camera’s sensitivity to light. The lowest digit can provide enough exposure. Turning on the noise reduction is also applicable (Camera Menu – Shooting – Noise)
HOW TO TAKE ACTION PHOTOS?
Manipulate the shutter priority control and stabilize shutter speed of 1/100 for best action capture on the setting. However, other actions need higher settings.
HOW TO CAPTURE PORTRAIT PHOTOS?
The user can capture a beautiful portrait shot by zooming the camera lens for about 35mm. And suggested using the control Aperture Priority in order to regulate the complexity of the field. The f5.6 Aperture can produce a light complexity of the field that is why the background becomes blurry.
HOW TO CAPTURE LANDSCAPE PHOTOS?
Capturing landscape photos is very similar in capturing portrait shots, however, landscape photos should have f9 Aperture or higher to produce the more deep complexity of the field.
HOW TO CAPTURE PHOTOGRAPHS IN LOW LIGHT?
When you are shooting in low light area, you should use the Shutter priority and go to the Control dial to adjust the shutter speed into 1/30s or faster. However, if the shutter speed is very slow, the Vibration Reduction (VR) system will not be able to compensate.
NIKON D3300 LIGHT-METERING MODES
- CENTER-WEIGHTED – it pays attention to the middle part of the picture.
- SPOT METERING – this can be used in measuring spot that can be found in the middle part of the image.
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION – this mode can darken and lighten the whole photo, despite the light-metering mode that has been used. In order to activate this control, press the “+/-“control. Positioned close to Command Dial and shutter.
HOW TO ADJUST COLOR?
Nikon D330 has three settings regarding adjusting the color.
- WHITE BALANCE – This setting judges the whole photo to interpret the colors correctly. You can enable this setting by pressing the camera’s MENU – WHITE BALANCE – PRESET MANUAL – MEASURE. In measuring White Balance place a gray or white object and press shutter.
- PICTURE CONTROL – it identifies the color intensity and applies effects. To use the Picture Control Setting. In contrast, Assign the Mode Dial into EFFECTS before pressing the MENU Button.
- RETOUCH – Press the “i” to access this setting. So, Choose RETOUCH to put special effects such as Color Sketch and Monochrome.